Call Now (877) 688-2828 to Reserve your Treatment! Available Weekdays Read More
The Catskill Mountains and the Hudson Valley are home to a wealth of activities and events. From the great outdoors, art and music to shopping – we have it all! As our guest, you’ll receive a list of local activities and events daily during your stay. Our Concierge is happy to assist you with scheduling the adventure of your choice and of course our Reservations Department can help you customize your stay prior to arrival.
On-site Adventures at The Emerson
- Stop by the Emerson Outfitter Shop and rent one of our new Giant bikes and enjoy a spectacular scenic ride. Self-guided tours are enhanced by our helpful staff and collection of tried and true bike maps. Tour guides are also available by reservation only.
- The Catskills are rich with scenic mountain trails. Ask our concierge about nearby hiking trails and guided hike rates with Peekamoose Adventures.
- Enjoy the perfect picnic. Our kitchen will prepare a delightful picnic for an afternoon hike or biking excursion. We’ll even provide you with directions to a few of our staff’s favorite picnic locations.
- The Esopus is known world-wide as a mecca for trout fishing. Fishing permits are available in Phoenicia, and if you’re lucky enough to bring something back, our chefs will be pleased to prepare your catch for dinner. Our Emerson Outfitter Shop also carries children’s fishing gear and accessories.
- Hop on the Catskill Mountain Railroad and enjoy a ride along the scenic Esopus or in the historic city of Kingston.
- Looking for thrills and chills? Town Tinker Tube Rental offers whitewater tubing on the Esopus.
- Take a scenic walk around portions of the Ashokan Reservoir, a man-made wonder that provides much of the drinking water for New York City.
- Looking to go Horseback Riding? Check out what the Ashokan Riding Club has to offer. This is a great year round activity for the family.
- Experience world-class rock climbing and ice climbing on the dramatic cliffs of the Shawangunk Mountains.
To find out more about Hudson Valley current events and activities, please visit these helpful sites:
- Ulster County Chamber of Commerce
A full list of area festivals, events and destinations.
- Ulster County Tourism
Find out what makes Ulster County Alive!
- Visit Vortex
Watch videos and slideshows about Hudson Valley events, businesses and culture.
- Catskill High Peaks
A local guide for the area surrounding the Belleayre Ski Center.
- The Community Guide.net
Local online resource for activities, events, classes, dining and much more.
- Catskill Mountain Guide
Arts, leisure and calendar listings for the Catskill Region.
A local monthly publication celebrating arts, culture and spirit.
- Woodstock Chamber of Commerce and Arts
A look at events in the area’s most famous town.
The Emerson does not guarantee availability for the activities listed on this page. Hours of operation and rates are subject to change.